Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Eta Carinae Nebula

I was so excited to go back again to Caliraya with my family. And the weather last Saturday was promising that I imagined myself imaging the southern skies with a wide grin on my face. Hopes were high when we arrived at Caliraya Lake with the blue sky mirrored at the waters. "This could be it," I said to myself, as I gazed over the southern sky, somehow imagining the Great Eta Carina Nebulae just hovering above the mountaintops. I hurriedly set-up my gears and prepared for a good night of southern sky imaging. Darkness fell and soon my scope was aimed at the Eta Carinae Nebulae. That was the first time I used the Megrez 90 and Zenithstar80 tandem for dual camera imaging, which saved me a lot of time in image acquisition. But of course all good things must come to end as my batteries were eventually gets depleted. I was able to shoot a good 45 minutes of images before the batteries drained out. As usual, I did a quick processing to see how the nebula looks like. Hmm... not bad.... not bad at all....

3 comments:

Leo Dy said...

Not bad? Its outstanding! Looking at this image evokes a sense of dept and immensity.

Tani Custodio said...

Hi Leo, thank you! Hope to meet you in person someday.

Leo Dy said...

Ops I meant depth not "dept"! I'd very much like to meet you in person too, maybe i can tag along on one of your imaging trips?