Friday, December 2, 2011

Triangulum Galaxy M33 and the Jellyfish Nebula

I have decided to push our intended astro session at Buso last Tuesday even though the weather was not promising. Disappointment was in the air after we were not able to camp at Caliraya last Saturday due to unforeseen events. So, nothing will be new if the same had gone that night. I lazily set-up my gears under the almost-quarter-moon glow, aligned the mount and waited for the moon to set. I slewed my scope to M33 and started shooting even as clouds threatened over the southwest horizon. And just what I had expected, clouds blanketed the sky as soon as the third sub was shot. I could almost sense the overpowering feeling of hopelessness that the sky would not clear the entire night. Even to the point of entertaining the option of packing up and heading home. But we stayed. And we were glad that we did. Clouds thinned out past 2 am and the Gemini-Orion region was clear. I hurriedly pointed the scope towards the feet of the Twins and shot the Jellyfish Nebula. I was able to shoot around an hour of total exposures and here are the images:

No comments: