Sunday, December 11, 2011

Total Lunar Eclipse 10 December 2011


No way we could see the eclipse with these clouds! Clouds, clouds and more clouds outside the airplane's window while we were descending towards Manila. We were even greeted with heavy rain upon touchdown. So, I could not blame myself when my bed was the primary object in my mind to go to instead of the Moon. I glanced at my wristwatch and said,"Its already eight and the eclipse had started". Looked outside and saw this blob of light stubbornly piercing through thick clouds. Well, It won't hurt lugging my camera and 70-300 lens outside just in case. Then, that bright blob of light took the form of an eclipsed moon. I aimed the camera and fired a few shots every time clouds thinned out. I had a stiff-neck afterwards but I felt a quiet satisfaction that all the pessimism before suddenly made an about turn. There was a moment when the sky became so clear that I was able to take a shot of the eclipsed moon with the gorgeous Orion. At around half past midnight, the moon exit totality and I entered the state of drowsiness. So, processing will have to wait the following day. I chose the better shots and combined it to form a collage of the last eclipse of 2011!

No comments: