Friday, June 17, 2011

Lunar Eclipse 16 June 2011


All these rainy days and nights drove me to pessimism on the weather on eclipse day. No good set-up was done. In my mind I would sleep through it or I would get up by 2 am when the Moon entered umbra to assess the sky and fire a few shots. Alarm sounded at 2 a.m. pulled myself out of bed and looked up to the sky. Wow! It was clear. Almost tripped at the stairs, I hurriedly took my camera, put on the 300mm lens and opened our porch door towards the southwestern sky. I took shots every 10 minutes until my camera auto-focus cannot pin the eclipsed faint moon. Feeling sorry for not setting-up my scope, I abandoned shooting more of the lovely eclipsed moon and just settled for visual observation with naked eyes. Anyway, here is the result of that early morning rise from cozy bed.

No comments: