Saturday, June 12, 2010

Helix Nebula


Tonight is New Moon. I'm supposed to be under the beautiful night sky. Why is that rainy season starts early in June? Somehow, I felt that this astro season ended so soon. I could have imaged more wondrous objects in Scorpius, Cygnus and Sagittarius. But here I am tonight, listening to the rain as it makes its unwelcome noise on our tin roof. So instead of feeling sorry, I started to look at my old images and tried to re-process them. This time, I was able to try a few tricks in processing astro images. First on the list was the Helix Nebula I took in November 2009 in Buso-buso, Antipolo. I started to re-stack the images and adjust it in Photoshop CS. I made some color balancing and gradient control. These brought out more pleasant colors of the nebula. Comparing the new image with the old really made my night. (day?)

No comments: